mainauthorstorieslinksblog

11/29/08

Well, here it is November already. Remember that plot bunny I mentioned back in April? Well, I finished it in October! Yippee! I’ve titled it Bloodsworn. My mother was the first to read it and loved it…thank goodness, since I really wrote it for her. I kind of like it myself, even if it is 178,000 words. Yeah, I know, kind of long for a book, but it seems to read well. You can check out the first chapter under ‘Stories’ and see what you think.

Something else I’ve done a few months ago is join RWA (Romance Writers of America) and my local chapter TARA (Tampa Area Romance Authors). What a fantastic bunch of people. They made me feel very welcome the first day. And guess what? One of my very favorite authors is TARA president! C.L. Wilson! I had no idea she lived so close.

Anyway, they have workshops and guest speakers who give us struggling authors pointers in how to get our works published. Wonderful! Just what I need. Now, if I can just get some of the ladies who are already published to read and critique my book…

Oh well, even if that doesn’t happen, I’ve enjoyed writing the three books I’ve finished and look forward to my next project. What is it, you ask? Well, I thought I’d take a shot at writing a category story, something for Silhouette’s new Nocture Bites series. I’ve had a plot bunny on the back burner about a dragon dragged into our world by some enemies out to steal his magic. Changed into human form, he hooks up with a nurse who tries to help him. Sparks fly, fires smolder, and the two burst into some seriously seductive romantic flames. My only problem will be in keeping it short and sweet. (See Bloodsworn’s length above.)

Oh, and my oldest brother wants me to help him write this romance story he’s been working on. Can you believe it?!?! My brother!!! Ah, well, the man has always been full of surprises. And his story’s not half bad, actually. I’ll definitely have to squeeze it into my schedule.

Well, hope everyone out there had a great Thanksgiving. One of my other brothers who lives in north Florida is coming down for Christmas so I’m really looking forward to it.

Here’s wishing you a Merry Christmas too!

No comments: