mainauthorstorieslinksblog

4/6/08

WRITING UPDATE
I am pleased to announce that the first draft of The Winglyth King--Book II in The Measure of a Queen series--is complete.

Actually, it was complete a couple of months ago. I haven’t been very enthused about blogging since what I would really like to blog about is the selling of my series, but that hasn’t happened yet.

I did send off three proposals on March 22nd for Fire and Ice.
We’ll see what happens.

In the meantime, I have started Book III, but something has come up so I’ve had to set it aside.

That something started out as a Plot Bunny.
What is a Plot Bunny, you ask? Well, sometimes stories just pop into a writer’s mind and demand to be written. The best thing we writer’s can hope for is to jot them down to keep them from hopping around and interfering with the current project. Problem is, a Plot Bunny can turn into a full blown project in a heartbeat.

Such a thing happened when I tried stuffing ‘Bloodsworn’ in its bunny hole. As I wrote it down, it became too large to fit into the hole. I had no choice but to grant it project status.

*Sigh* It has since taken over.
Already it’s over 50,000 words—about half a book.

The main characters are a woman from Earth, Avera St. John, and a man named Devlin Tragar from a planet called Avalyr.

The story is growing by leaps and bounds and I hope to have it finished soon. Put it this way, I had better. I made the mistake of letting my mother read the first chapter. I warned her it wasn’t finished, but I still got a phone call the next day demanding the rest of the story.

Hence, my furious writing schedule lately.
It’s nice to know I have at least one fan. *smile*

No comments: