mainauthorstorieslinksblog

10/15/09

An Author is Born

I can't believe it. Here it is only a year after I completed the first draft of Bloodsworn and I receive an email from a wonderful editor at Wild Rose Press informing me that she has received approval to offer me a contract on the book!

YES! I'm going to be a published author! God is good!

Can't sit back and bask too long, though. Time for edits and revisions, and re-writes now. Not to mention marketing classes. The hard work is just beginning. My schedule is going to be very busy the next few months. In addition to getting Bloodsworn ready for publication, I'm also working on another project.

Sniper Shots is a romantic suspense that recently finaled in The Golden Pen contest. Contest results should be announced by December 1st and I'd like to have the book finished by then. Not sure if such a deadline is feasible but I'm going to give it a shot.

Oh, and I'm going to have to start blogging a lot more often than once a year. :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I look forward to seeing Bloodsworn in print. Congratulations and I wish you much success, Kathy!!!!

Lorelei Confer said...

Can't wait to see Bloodsworn in print and all your many successes.

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Kathy -

Your news is awesome! Woo hoo girl! You've done it! You're in print!

Let's celebrate!

Hugs
Hawk